Update: We are still spending lots of time inside. Let’s use the power of imagination, a few simple ingredients, to turn every day into a camp-out!
Many of the activities that we do during our Summer Camp programs are useful for any day of the week, any time of the year. We wanted to share some of those with you as part of our new series, Activities At Home!
Our second activity is called: S’Mores-in-the-Oven
4 Graham Crackers — broken in half
4 Large Marshmallows — or lots of minis
1 Hershey’s Bar — broken into 4 equal parts
1 Cookie Sheet
Once you’ve got all your ingredients, it’s time to make some s’mores (quite the tongue-twister)!
But first…WASH YOUR HANDS!
- Line your cookie sheet with graham crackers
**Terrapin Tip: You can make one s’mores combo or line up the entire cookie sheet and make 10 of them!**
- Place chocolate on one half of the graham crackers
- Place marshmallows on one half of the graham crackers
- Put the cookie sheet in the oven
- Broil on “HI” for 1-2 minutes
**Terrapin Tip: Make sure to keep an eye on them! They brown quickly!**
- Remove from the oven. Combine a marshmallow “top” with a chocolate “bottom”
- Enjoy all that melty-goodness!
If you’re more of a visual learner, we’ve got you covered!