Every field trip requires responsibility from the trip organizers. Below are a list of actions an organizer should take so they are correctly managing risk while on the road.
- Before embarking on a field trip, provide students and their parents with a list of items to pack so your student travelers are prepared for different situations including foul weather, loss of power and unforeseen delays. Making sure students have proper foot wear and sunscreen go a long way to keeping them comfortable for action packed days outside.
- Of course having emergency contact information along with any relevant medical histories is also important.
- Provide parents and students with any consent and waiver forms ahead of time along with answers to frequently asked questions related to the places you are going.
- Carry a first aid kit as well as plenty of water for travelers to stay hydrated.
- Make sure the places you are going are fully prepared for your student groups and have the necessary training and equipment to safely engage your travelers on their adventure.
- Make sure the vendor has the appropriate insurance (general liability, accident) and if so desired, can add your group on as an additional insured.
- Be clear about the program and goals so both sides (vendor and tour operator) have expectations aligned about the trip. Take the time to read up on any requirements or restrictions to make sure your group is a good fit.
Terrapin Adventures has four standard programs for student groups and we can customize a program to fit your needs.
Student Trips with Terrapin Adventures
Terrapin Adventures is conveniently located in Howard County, Maryland, between Baltimore and Washington DC. Let us be your guide and unveil a bold universe of outdoor fun. Learn new skills while you explore local parks, rivers and the Chesapeake Bay. Each tour will need advance reservations that can be made online or by phone.
Get in touch with a Guest Relations Specialist today and ask about how we can help you plan your next field trip, backpacking trip, or other outdoor adventure. In the meantime, if you have any questions about Managing Risk, please call Terrapin Adventures at 301.725.1313, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the contact form on our website.
You can also follow Terrapin Adventures us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, and Pinterest for up-to-date information on events, trends, and other fun and exciting outdoor activities.