6/28/20 Update | Terrapin Adventures, in conjunction with Savage Mill and approval from Howard County, is reopen to the public! We ask that you only send one representative inside our office to check-in for your group’s adventure.
Please read on to find out what extra precautions our team is taking to provide our guests and the general public with the great experience they have come to expect from Terrapin Adventures!
Social Distancing & Limited Capacity
- Adventure From a Distance: We will enforce recommended social distance guidelines, maintaining a 6-foot distance between everyone on course, except when we have to keep you safe. Your safety comes first! This includes properly fitting gear before your adventure begins.
- Face Masks: Guests and staff are required to wear masks to cover their nose and mouths. We will have bandanas & surgical masks available to purchase, if you do not have one. We will also have gloves to purchase if you like. You will not be allowed on the course if you do not have proper face-covering.
- Limited Capacity: We have lowered the amount of potential guests on our course, to ensure that we can keep our distance!
- Booking Your Adventure & Forms: To minimize contact, all guests are encouraged to book their adventures via our website & in advance of their adventure.All guests must complete both our standard Consent Waiver form and our COVID-19 Questionnaire. Parents/Guardians must complete these forms for their minors. If you answer in the affirmative to any of the questions on the COVID-19 Questionnaire, we reserve the right to deny you access to our park. You will receive a full refund.
- Food & Beverages: We will have snacks and drinks for sale, but all purchases must be made with a Credit/Debit Card or Apple Pay — we are not currently accepting cash payment.
Health & Sanitation
- Every staff member will have their temperatures taken, before their shift, every day. Any staff with high temperatures or who are feeling sick will not be allowed to work.
- Hand Washing & Hand Sanitizer: Guides will carry hand sanitizer on their person. Hand Sanitizer is available at the check-in table. Hand washing can be done inside the restrooms near our office — or any restroom in Savage Mill.
- Restroom: The Savage Mill is open to the public, meaning all public restrooms are open for use!
- Safety Gear & Equipment: All gear will be cleaned, each day, using the best and most up-to-date industry practices.
- Outside Environment: All adventures take place outside where the risk of transmission is considered much lower than in confined, indoor spaces.