Intro to Caving | Activity Level: Moderate
Discover a hidden world beneath your feet. Whether you call it caving, spelunking, or potholing you will experience the adventure of a lifetime. Our knowledgeable guides will introduce you to the basics of cave exploration, safety, and stewardship.
Minimum Age Required: 12 years old*
Terrapin Adventures provides:
– Box Lunch
– All necessary caving gear (helmets, headlamps)
– Friendly, knowledgeable guides
- You will provide your own transportation and meet your guides at a convenient location on the way to the cave.
- Typical site for Caving Trip: Whiting’s Neck in Martinsburg, WV.
- You will get dirty and possibly wet so wear appropriate clothes and bring a change of clothes.
- Long sleeve shirt, pants, and closed-toe shoes required as the cave is 55 degrees year round.
- Minimum age 12 years old.
- *Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Subject to cancellation if the minimum operation number is not met. Minimum amount of participants required for a trip is 8 participants.
2019 Trip Dates: If you have a group of 8 or more, we can organize a private trip for you! Call 301-725-1313 to book a private Caving Excursion!