Experience that Enhances Education
Structured, late-afternoon play that enhances your child’s education. Experiential learning in a fun and engaging setting!
After School Enrichment
Offered on Thursdays and Fridays throughout the fall (dates below).
This program is an excellent way to cap off a long week of learning in front of a screen.
Learning can be filled with ADVENTURE!
Exhilarating adventure paired with entertaining educational programming.
Learn about teamwork. Learn about creative problem solving. Learn about nature.
Registration Cost: $49 per session (each new day is a new session)
Age Requirement: 5-8 years old
Age Requirement: 9-13 years old
Session Time & Dates
Time: 3:30 – 6:30 PM each Thursday & Friday (single-day purchase)
September: 17 & 18 | 24 & 25
October: 1 & 2 | 8 & 9 | 15 & 16 | 22 & 23 | 29 & 30
November: 5 & 6
Daily Packing List
What We’ll Learn
Safety Precautions in the age of COVID-19
Terrapin Adventures is following all of the guidelines and requirements given by Maryland Department of Health,
who sets legal standards, inspects, and oversees all certified camps in Maryland.
- Each student will undergo a health screening each morning for signs and symptoms of the virus
- Students will have their temperature taken before being admitted
- Students will complete a health form so that we can identify who may be immunocompromised or at risk and should not attend the program
- Built in hand-washing and hand-sanitizing times are scheduled before and after activities
- High touch and traffic areas like tables, doors, equipment will be sanitized throughout the day with EPA approved disinfectant
- Students showing signs of illness will be quarantined and sent home immediately
- Staff unwell will not be permitted to be at our facility
- We will keep up to date with all guidance from the CDC and American Camp Association
- We will avoid activities in which campers will need close contact with one another
- We will have a doctor and nurse who we are able to call throughout the week and take instruction from
- All staff working are trained and mindful of all protocols and CDC recommendations
A Day in the Life…
These are some of the activities your camper might do. Each day is a little different, so please note that not every activity listed will be done, each day!
High Ropes Challenge Course – Experience life at new heights while active learners climb, traverse, crawl, and zip line through our Terrapin Explorer course! Never been on a high ropes course before? Don’t sweat it! Our compassionate camp counselors will be with your student every step of the way.
Rock Climbing – Afterward, active learners will reach new heights on our climbing wall as they reach, step, and problem solve their way to the top! After students gain their confidence on the wall they have the option to race up the wall against a friend, play a game as they ascend, and make art as they climb!
Environmental Learning – Active learning sometimes means actual learning. We’ll go over the importance of taking care of nature and impart the wisdom of leave no trace.
Archery – Test accuracy with a bow and arrow under the supervision of our archery instructors. Receive one on one attention while learning the basics of archery with a compound bow!
Water Activities – To cool off from the summer sun, active learners will zoom down our giant slip n’ slide, have a water balloon fight, and play water games! Take a walk down to the river for a lifeguarded creek hopping excursion, where campers will use nets and a magnifying glass to explore the critters and plants living in the Little Patuxent River!
Classic Camp Fun – On land, active learners will get to participate in classic summer camp traditions like tie dye, field games, arts and crafts, making fun food, camp songs, and more, all while making new friends.